** Values visible only for logged users. Editable only in edit mode. **
Please select your preferences:
LinkedIn is a vital tool for your career in the new world of work - but you have to make sure you use it right.
As many right ways there are to use it, there are plenty of wrong ways, too!
Here are the five do's and 5 don'ts of the world's largest professional network...
1. Choose your groups carefully
Make sure you only join groups you plan on really engaging with - they're pointless otherwise!
2. Turn off notifications for when you update your profile
It stops you spamming your feed and allows you to be more discreet.
3. Respond to messages promptly
It's polite and professional!
4. Write personalised requests and invitations
Why not show you take the time to add a personal touch?
5. Keep the content you share professional
Sales memes get seriously tiring after a while.
1. Ask people you don't know to endorse you
It's disingenuous and will make you look desperate!
2. Treat LinkedIn as a chore
It's a legitimate way to boost your contacts and further your career, not a thankless, mandatory task.
3. Constantly go on about your achievements
The old saying goes: "slow down the sale to speed it up"
4. Be self-indulgent
It's not all about you, you know!
5. Treat it like numbers game
500+ contacts you've never once engaged with probably aren't going to help you find you a job anytime soon!
Looking for more LinkedIn advice, click here
Get in touch
Morgan Philips Group, a public limited company under Luxembourg law with registered office in 74, avenue de la Faïencerie, L-1510 Luxembourg, registered with the Company Trade Register of Luxembourg under the number B 177 178.
© 2023 Morgan Philips Group SAAll rights reserved